The arrest of Oscar Wilde here in 1895 caused a stir, but today sensationalism will be the furthest thing from your mind as you step foot into its plush foyer. In the heart of London’s Chelsea, the Belmond Cadogan Hotel harnesses style, artistry and a classic charm.
There are just 54 rooms and suites in the Belmond, but the original artworks which adorn its walls number a staggering 400. Rich velvets, wood panelled walls and decadent armchairs have been combined with more modern finishes to create a sense of timeless elegance, contemporary sophistication, and just a touch of the boho chic which Chelsea is famed for.
Experience a Truly British Hotel
The Belmond doesn’t just exude British charm in its décor, it celebrates British culture, design and quirky eccentricity, bringing the past and present together. Guests can discover the taste of British cuisine in the kitchen run by acclaimed chef Adam Handling, where king crab plucked straight from chilly British waters is served with panache, as well as a deep-rooted British history and heritage. Oscar Wilde and Lillie Langtry’s enigmatic characters are brought to life here, while the legacy of Sir Hans Sloane, founder of the Cadogan Estate, lives on.
What could be more British than London’s glamourous Knightsbridge, or trendy Chelsea. Tucked in between the two, the Belmond puts guests on the doorstep of the London’s best luxury shopping, museums and theatre.
Unwind in the Heart of London
While London’s bustle swirls all around it, the Belmond and its Cadogan Place Gardens are a pocket of serenity. Elegantly designed and perfectly manicured, the sweeping lawns and tennis courts are dotted with shady deck chairs and age-old board games. It’s a charming step back in time, and the perfect way to soak up a balmy British afternoon. For guests wanting to dine al fresco, the hotel’s chefs will whip up a gourmet picnic for them to enjoy to the sound of birds chirping and the breeze in the trees.
• The Restaurant: Experience a uniquely British cuisine with a fascinating twist. National classics are reinvented with modern style under the expert eye of the acclaimed Head Chef.
• The Bar: Enjoy a leisurely morning tea, afternoon cocktail or evening nightcap in the tradition of Oscar Wilde.
• The afternoon tea lounge: Savour a traditional afternoon tea or a light lunch in the light-filled lounge.
Discover the Best of Great Britain with Belmond’s Luxury Experiences
• Belmond British Pullman: Depart from London Victoria on this classic train which takes passengers on inspiring day trips around the British countryside or down to the seaside.
• Belmond Royal Scotsman: Admire the wild beauty of the Scottish Highlands as you sip in the finest whisky aboard this luxury train.
• Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons: Indulge in a touch of country cuisine at the two-Michelin starred restaurant of Raymond Blanc housed in a beautiful 15th century manor house.
• Venice Simplon-Orient-Express: Soar through Europe’s ancient capital cities as you make your way from London to Venice aboard this luxury private train.
Contact Caroline today, call 1300 767 237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.